Blackfalds is a town in central Alberta, Canada. It is located along Highway 2A just north of Red Deer.
The town has many public facilities such as:
- Blackfalds Public Library, Located in the Blackfalds Cultural Centre (town hall)
- Blackfalds Optimist Sk8 Deck, Sk8 Deck Skateboard Park is located at the Blackfalds Multi-Plex
- Tayles Water Spray Park, Located next to the Cultural Centre
- Blackfalds All-Star Park, Located at the southwest corner of Blackfalds.
- Blackfalds Multiplex, home to the ice arena, Banquet Room, and Ag Room.
The town has two public schools in the Wolf Creek school district:
- Iron Ridge Elementary Campus; and
- Iron Ridge Junior Campus.
Blackfalds does not have a local newspaper, it receives newspapers from Red Deer and Lacombe. They include:
- Red Deer Advocate;
- Red Deer Express;
- Red Deer Life; and
- The Lacombe Globe.
Blackfalds is served by three broadcast television stations by antenna:
- Channel 4, CityTV Edmonton;
- Channel 8, CTV Edmonton (CTV); and
- Channel 10, Global Edmonton (Global).
The cable and satellite television providers in Blackfalds are Shaw Cable, Bell ExpressVu, Shaw Direct and Telus Communications.
Blackfalds is served by numerous radio stations from Red Deer and Lacombe, including Kraze 101.3 (CKIK), KG Country (CKGY), Zed 99, Sunny 94, Big 105, The River 100.7 (CKRI) and The Drive.
Information and Images Courtesy of Wikipedia.org
Are Your Interested in relocating to the Blackfalds, Alberta area? Need More Information? Fill out the form below and a Royal LePage Network Corp. REALTOR® will get in touch with you to make sure you have all the information and help you need!
How May We Contact You?